It’s all about pancakes! With our secret pancake recipe, your brunch is going to be a success. The recipe is super simple and we promise you: The pancakes don’t just look pretty, they’re extremely delicious too!
Ingredients: (for 2 people, about 12 pancakes)
130g whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp bourbon vanilla
¼ tsp cinnamon
130ml HEYLIFE Classic Almond Nut Drink *
80g (soy) yogurt
1 tbsp agave
finely grated zest of ¼ lemon
2 small eggs (or vegan: chia-egg) **
- In a bowl, mix all dry ingredients: Flour, baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon.
- Separate eggs; beat the egg whites until stiff in a separate bowl.
- Mix all wet ingredients in a new bowl: HEYLIFE Classic Almond Nut Drink, egg yolks, soy yogurt, agave, lemon zest.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, carefully add beaten egg whites.
- Let dough rest at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
- Heat a tsp of oil in a frying pan. Add dough in small portions, pick the size you’d like your pancakes to have.
- At medium heat, bake pancakes on one side, until you can see small bubbles (about 2mins). Turn pancakes, bake on second side for another 2mins.
Decorate to your liking! Add fruit, nuts, chocolate, syrup, yogurt…
* HEYLIFE Classic Almond gives your pancakes a refreshingly light and nutty sweetness. If you’re a chocolate lover, feel free to use our Raw Cacao Almond!
** Chia egg: Mix 3 tbsp water and 1 tbsp chia seeds, let sit for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.